I. General Matters
This Policy describes what types of information we gather about you as a visitor or customer through our website or stores, in interactions between us through phone, email, fax, postal mail, or face-to face, how we use information collected, under what circumstances we disclose information to other parties, and your rights to update or correct your information. This Policy also describes what types of information we collect regarding applicants for employment and employees. We refer to these uses and interactions collectively as our “Services.”
B. Our Contact Information
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should first email our customer service team at [email protected]. Or if you’d prefer, you can call us toll free at 1.800.447.2993 or contact us by mail at TLA Acquisition Corp, 901 West Main Street, Auburn, WA 98001.
II. Summary of How We Use Your Personal Information
The table below lists categories of information we collect, how we use such information, and with whom we might share such information. In Section III of this Policy following this table, we explain in further detail the categories of information we collect.
How We Use Personal Information Collected
Type of Information
How We Use It
Who We Share It With
User information(e.g., user contact information, payment information, user identifiers, user comments, etc.)
(1) to provide our products and Services;
(2) to communicate with you about our products and services;
(3) to authenticate you and tailor content;
(4) to improve our products and create new products;
(5) for our internal accounting, security, and operational purposes; and
(6) for purposes required by law
(a) With our service providers, payment processor and our automated marketing platform, to help us deliver and improve the Services; and
(b) With our Business Partners – vendors or manufactures of projects purchased through our website – but only if you instruct us to do so
Usage information(e.g., indicators of engagement with our website or usage of Services, IP address, etc.)
(1) to facilitate your use of our website and to improve the performance of and user experience with our website
(2) for our internal accounting, security, and operational purposes; and
(3) for purposes required by law
We do not share Usage Information that is identifiable to a particular individual with third parties
III. Information We Collect
User or Member Information. “User Information” or “Member Information” means information collected about users of the Services and may include the following categories of personal information: first name, last name, email address, telephone number, street address, city, state, zip code, country and contact information, such as email address, telephone number, associated companies or businesses, job title, street address, city, state/province, zip code, payment card information, and any other information you provide. If you elect to purchase a product on a Loverspackage.com owned web site, you will be required to provide us with each of these categories of information, except for your telephone number. There may also be opportunities for you to provide us with additional information regarding your preferences and interests. But such information is not required and is completely optional on your part. Additional data may be collected from you based upon certain services you elect to utilize on our websites, email addresses for example or used to store and send electronic greeting cards. By obtaining this information, we can provide our Members with specific content and advertising in which they might be interested. None of this information is required to use our service or to become a user, but the omission of certain types of data will limit the value of your use of these features. If you become a user of our websites or from one of our co-branded websites, we may share your registration information with the co-branded partner.
Aggregate Data. We gather certain generic information with respect to customers’ use of our websites. Information may include number of unique visitors, the frequency with which they visit, and the areas on the websites that they favor. These statistics are very much like television ratings that tell the networks how many people tuned in to a program. We use this type of data only in the aggregate, on a collective basis, in summary form, rather than on an individual basis. This information helps us determine the extent to which our customers use certain parts of our websites, which, in turn, enables us to make it as appealing as possible. We may also share aggregate data of customers’ collective use of our websites with advertisers, sponsors, and other companies with which we do business (“Affiliates” or “Business Partners”). We do this so they, too, can improve functionality and offer services and materials that users want. For clarity: we do not share with such third parties data collected from user experiences on our websites in a form that identifiable to any particular individual or household.
Usage Information. We collect and analyze traffic on our Web Sites by keeping track of the IP addresses of our visitors. An IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer when you are using your browser on the Internet. We log this information so that we can monitor things like the number of visitors visiting the Web Sites; however, we do not link your IP address to any personally identifying information. This information enables us to, among other things, improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits, administer our website, track how you engage with our websites and other Services, learn about the systems, browsers, and apps you use to interact with our Services, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This includes how often the Services are used, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, any exceptions that occur within the software and the source from which the application was downloaded.
The information collected through cookies includes standard information from your browser, your IP address, and the actions you take including the pages you view and the links you click. These cookies do not necessarily personally identify you and can be controlled in your Internet browser including the “Do Not Track” option. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can reset your browser to notify you when you’ve received a cookie or, alternatively, to refuse to accept cookies. It is important to note that you may not be able to use certain features like checking out (and participate in certain offerings) on our websites if you choose not to accept cookies. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our websites.
Job Applicant and Employee Information. For individuals who inquire about or submit applications for employment with us or who are employees, we may collect the following categories of information: name, mailing and residential address, telephone number(s), email address(es), age, gender or sex, race, ethnicity, or national origin, Social Security number, driver’s license number, or other government-issued ID number, employment history information, bank account information, and information obtained through a credit history evaluation.
IV. How We Use the Information We Collect
Other than providing User Information to our service providers to manage customer accounts, facilitate purchases through our websites, and provide marketing information to customers, we do not share information collected from you with parties outside of Lovers, and we do not sell your information.
We use your personal information for a number of purposes that we believe to be consistent with your expectations when you interact with us and our Services:
- Providing Services and Support. We use your personal information to provide and manage the Services, communicate with you about our Services, and fulfill any contractual obligations we otherwise have with you. In addition, we use your personal information to support your use of the Services and to ensure the quality and security of the Services.
- Personalizing Your Experience on the Websites and Enhancing our Services. We try to personalize your experience on our websites by tracking greetings and other content you have sent and gifts you have purchased in order to shape our recommendations about the greetings, cards, games, and gifts that might be of interest to you. We also examine customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us enhance the design and layout of the websites and make it easier to navigate.
From time to time, we may send you surveys or solicit your feedback. We use surveys to gauge user interest in new products and premiums we may offer. We will ask for your feedback on greetings and other site features. We will use the information we gather to improve our websites and provide a more meaningful experience for our users. We may also use the information to alert you to offers and products in which you may be interested in.
- Opting in for a Subscription to Our Newsletter. We send email notifications and information to users who have opted in to receive our periodic Newsletter. Those notifications may be, but not limited to, our exclusive Newsletter, information on new features, new content, other products and services. These communications are sent to you directly by Loverspackage.com. In order to receive the emailed information you must have subscribed via one of our websites or other sources such as our mailing/customer list.
It is our intention to always allow you to opt out of any of our lists. When you receive any Newsletter or email and you want to unsubscribe, you can simply follow the “unsubscribe” links at the bottom of each edition.
- Opting in to Receive Information and Offers from our Business Partners. We may also offer you the opportunity to receive money-saving offers, discounts, and promotions from our Business Partners. This program is conducted strictly on an opt-in basis. In order to receive the offers, you must affirmatively direct that this information be sent to you be specifically checking a box indicating your instruction. If you leave the relevant box unchecked, you will not receive any offers. If you do sign up for the program but later change your mind, you are free at any time to opt-out by following the procedures outlined in Opt-Out/Changing Your Status, below.
Subsequent communications about offers may come from Loverspackage.com or directly from the partners themselves. As part of your affirmative opt in to receive such offers, you may also direct that we share with our Business Partners certain demographic, geographic, preference, and other personally identifiable information we have gathered about you. This will help them in directing to you offers that are more likely to be of interest. We will not share any such information unless expressly directed to do so by you through this process described above.
- Advertising Rroducts to You during a Visit to Our Websites Based on Your Session Activity. On-Site Advertising Loverspackage.com may also use information about you to target advertising while you are visiting our websites. We may use cookie files to assure that you will not be served the same ads repeatedly.
- Facilitating Order Fulfillment. From time to time, you may be given the opportunity to order products and services directly from one of our websites, the Newsletters, or in other communications you may receive from Loverspackage.com and that are facilitated by one of our service providers. To process your order, Loverspackage.com may provide these partners with your name, street address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card information. Loverspackage.com will limit the types of information shared to the minimum necessary to efficiently process your order. Furthermore, our service providers are restricted from using our customer’s personal information outside of providing services to our business. To the extent that you interact with a different business’s website in accepting offers that we announced, In you may become subject to other businesses’ privacy policies. We encourage you to review these companies’ privacy policies and only do business with those who adhere to personal information practices with which you are comfortable.
- Sending Greeting Cards. From time to time, we may send greeting cards to you in an interactive webform known as a Card website. This Policy applies to all aspects of our greetings, including your personalized messages, attached photos or graphics, or paper cards. We do not monitor or edit the contents of the online greetings you send. On occasion, however, we may need to view your messages in connection with the technical processing of your greeting or the maintenance of our network.
- Preventing Improper or Illegal Activity. We use personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity on or relating to our Services.
- Meeting Legal Requirements. We may be required to use or discloses your personal information when necessary to comply with legally mandated reporting, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process requirements.
- For Job Applicants and Employees. We use information collected from job applicants and employees to evaluate and keep track of candidates for employment, administration of human resources responsibilities (g. payroll, tax withholding), and reporting obligations.
- Other Purposes. We may use your information for any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are compatible with this Policy, including, without limitation, to protect the company’s rights and property; to investigate reports of users sending material using a false e-mail address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; to protect Loverspackage.com against misuse or unauthorized use of our websites and/or our Services; and during emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk.
V. How We Share Your Information with Service Providers or Other Parties
We may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- Services Providers. We share personal information collected from customer only in limited circumstances: with our payment processor(s) and automated marketing support platform(s). Onward transfers to third-party service providers who are our processors will be made in accordance with applicable data protection laws. These third-party processors are only authorized to use your information as necessary to provide the respective service.
- Publicly Posted Content. If you post comments, images, and other content to a location which is public-facing, including any public-facing Websites, Apps, storage locations, or social media, your posted information will be publicly viewable.
- With Your Consent. We may share some or all of your information to any other third party with your affirmative consent. For instance, we display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Websites in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at the address shown at the top of this policy.
- Anonymized Data. We may share information that has been anonymized with others for their own uses, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Lovers takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to help protect your information. We believe that these precautions take into due account of the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the information. However, given the nature of the internet and the fact that network security measures are not completely protective or impenetrable under all circumstances, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
When registering for access to a secure area of one of our Services, such as by creating a customer account through our online store, we will ask you to select a username and password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also, remember to sign out of the Services and close your browser window, your software, application or other Services when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your information and correspondence when accessing your computer.
When you place orders for purchased products or access your payment information, we use an advanced encryption technology known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect the storage and transfer of your data from unauthorized parties. While on a secure page, such as our registration form, a lock or key icon appears on the bottom of your web browser. In addition to our online security efforts, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal data offline, as well. All of your information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Loverspackage.com’s main servers are operated from a dedicated Internet hosting facility with state-of-the-art physical security features, including smoke detection and fire suppression systems, motion sensors, and 24×7 secured access, as well as video camera surveillance and security breach alarms. If you have any questions about the security at our websites, you can send an email to [email protected]
VII. Your Control Over Your Personal Information
For text club frequently asked questions and opt-out instructions, please click here.
Any time you receive an email from us you can change your status. Every communication Loverspackage.com sends you will contain a clearly worded “Opt-Out” or “Unsubscribe” link allowing you to withdraw your permission for future mailings. This system is automated and must be contacted from the email address you wish to have removed. Permission changes will be honored as soon as possible after receipt. Please allow five to seven days for processing. Permission changes will however not affect any information which you provided to us and which we previously shared with our Business Partners.
VIII. Use by Children
We do not knowingly process personal information for which we determine the purposes and means of processing about children under the age of 13 without advance parental consent. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that your child has directly disclosed information to us, then please contact us so that we may delete the child’s information.
IX. The Power of Common Sense
Even the best policy can’t protect your online privacy and security in all circumstances. Unscrupulous advertisers, hackers, and scam artists are constantly searching the Internet looking for new targets. Your best protection is to understand the limits to privacy on the internet and use common sense in all of your on-line activities.
Be aware that email is an inherently insecure form of communication. Remember that third parties are sometimes able to illegally intercept your unencrypted messages, including online greetings.
Anytime you visit a chat room or post a message to an online bulletin board, your email address can be accessed by advertisers looking to compile lists for unsolicited commercial email (also known as spam). Be sure that you only disclose your email address in circumstances in which it is safe to do so. Beware of scams in which persons unknown to you request your screen name, password, or credit card information. Make sure you verify the identity of anyone asking for personal information. Always monitor your children’s online activities and educate them as to the rules for safe Internet use.